Wednesday 15 April 2009

Forgot the camera!

For the Easter weekend we visited Blackpool. On our first evening we walked along the front and on to the South Pier full of all the fair rides, smells of candy floss and noise! As we came around one corner there were kids getting on to the ride that you sit on a long bench type and it then goes round and round sideways iykwim? Anyway, a group of kids from a football team in their bright orange and black tracksuits were just filling up nearly all the bench and I thought with all the other colours what a fantastic photo it would make but I forgot the camera! Our usual dash out of the house meant I had packed everything else but the camera! Could have kicked myself as I then realised there were loads of other opportunities to play with settings and times and buttons to create lots of different effects with all the colours, lights and movement on the rides!

The next two days just rubbed salt in the wound as we had glorious weather with loads more photo opportunities – blue sky, calm sea, close up view of herons on the boating pool at Stanley Park, my J and A walking on ahead (one of my favourite photo subjects!), J and his brother together and much more.

Still I suppose the good thing is I've written this down which will both serve as a reminder of a lovely Easter weekend in Blackpool and also one to remember the camera next time!

No comments: