Monday 20 April 2009

Bloomin' Marvelous!




We moved in to our house 4 years to the day on the 16th April and I was delighted to see a gorgeous, huge rhododendron bush in full bloom in the front garden of the house opposite. 4 years on and I still relish the day the blooms come out on this beautiful bush. Every time I open my curtains during the long, drab, wet winters I look at the bush and think how it will soon be in bloom. I spy out the new buds with anticipation and then suddenly a burst of colour and there it is in all its full glory. Then I know it is the start of summer with early morning sunshine and long summer evenings in the back garden with a glass of wine and a BBQ. It says to me "here comes summer!" and I just love it. Sadly the blooms don't last long and I have taken photos every year to remind me during the rest of the year of the delight I get from this bush - the lady living in the house must think I am very strange LOL. It is a reminder that nature in its full glory is the biggest mood enhancer there is and I just adore it!
ETA - I've just realised one of the reasons I love this bush so much - it is PINK!!! LOL

1 comment:

Helen Ding said...

Gorgeous! Love the bright colours I'd smile too looking out my window at that!