Monday 30 March 2009

Smile Please!

As a scrapbooker I need photos to put on my layouts but despite having a lovely camera for my birthday last year I seem to be suffering from a lack of photos!

My problem is I want to learn how to use the camera properly and not just point and shoot but most courses I come across are either for a much fancier camera than mine or seem to go on about Photoshop and not actually cover the photo taking techniques.

I decided to take my camera out and about with me more so that I have it on me to take photos but I'm then fighting with the automatic mode and just get bland, autoflash white pictures with the main item too far away, too close, out of focus or just not very interesting.

One piece of advice is to read the manual for the camera - has anyone ever really done this? How do you read a manual that is all in techno speak that has been translated from Japanese by a Swedish bloke anyway!?!

So I'm not quite sure where to go next with it all. I am hoping having a blog will help as I'll want to illustrate my posts - see yesterday with the handbag photo - yep I actually got the camera out and specifically took that picture for the blog. Humm, think more surfing of websites is required to find that sparkle of inspiration - even if it is just a website that translates Japanese into English from Swedish LOL

2 comments:

Gallifrey said...

*waving*
No idea about the camera...but I am here saying "hello!"

Helen Ding said...

welcome to the world of blogging!

READ YOUR MANUAL!!! It really does help, get a coffe and a dictonary! It's amazing what you learn when you read it!