Sunday 29 March 2009

Passion for Pink


I don't remember ever being a girly girl for pink stuff when I was younger but for some reason since I hit 40 I seem to have a passion for pink!

It hit me when I was looking at how I set up this blog page - have you noticed how much pink I picked?! LOL

It started out as a minor addiction - pink purse, pick pink whenever I get a choice (like this blog background) etc but then it really became an addiction the day I saw the handbag that I WANTED! It is an All My Memories pink tote with cream trim and I saw it on a scrapbook website but couldn't source it in the UK. I tried e-bay, USA shops etc but kept missing out on auctions or the USA shop didn't ship to UK or it was too expensive for shipping etc.
In the end I found the blue version on a UK site called Crafts 4 Storage and nearly bought that but thought "no I WANT pink!". So I got in touch and bless them they bent over backwards to source me a pink one (I think they got it from France in the end). I got it last year (said it was for my birthday as it was a tad more than I would normally spend on a handbag) and I love it. It is amazing how many times a shop assistant comments on it (or at least the photos on the front of it) when I am getting my purse out and it holds tons of stuff (too heavy sometimes).

Of course now it means everything else has to be pink too! It may be a strange addiction as I've grown older but I truely have a passion for pink now I'm in my 40s!

No comments: